Monday, May 7, 2007

My "First Night"

It was not my first experience in sitting late nights for work. But, I had an experience of without sleeping for two consecutive days. That's me. If anything to do, I won't be sleep too. But, my "first night" didn't have any duties. It is only the training session to me to experience the term what is called "night shifts". I been to the whole nights for somany complicated works before too. But, this is actually, working here for others, those who are enjoying the days.

My first night shift started on a Saturday evening. Since, it was Saturday, our US counter part has only one test session, we didn't have to do anything much. Just to assist their test sessions. Our team quorrum was full, as usual. But, my team had only 3, out of that, I was on training session. Nothing, just to see what they are doing. Everybody was on the spirit to enjoy the night shift. Most of them came very early to take the handover from other part of the world. But the early preparation was only to enjoy the chatting sessions and phone calls. As usual timings, we taken over the charges from out colleagues on the other part of the world. Everybody checked their tools, nothing to do much. All machines are running perfectly. Customer is enjoying his holiday, here their supporters too enjoying their duty.


At all desktops, all types of messengers was on. Everybody is active in the chat sessions. Some guys, seriously studying for their certifications. Everybody's ear is engaged with the music, headphone. Around 1:30am, our test session was started with the customer. Meanwhile, I was watching others, from the first raw itself, the snoring starts. Somebody dreaming about sleeping, others already done that with sounds. Some guys watching movies / engaged with the online TV shows or playing online games. Our test session with the customer was lasted around 1 hour. It went off successfully. We too got free. Me and my colleague went out for a night walk. At groud floor, the security officers were too sleeping perfectly. Other teams are enjoying the smoking in the cold night. We came back with Nestle Milo. The taste of the chocolate forced me to had 3 cups in that night. Outside, we can see the traffic of the city, moving lights.

Without work, what to do? This was the question of my friend. I advised, be engaged by yourself. The world of opportunities are in front of you. Search sites, you may get a good knowledge, good friends, good counterpart and all. So, don't think, you don't have anything to do. So, he too started chatting and partly sleeping. Behid two of my colleagues sleeping full fledged. It seems, they have duty in the morning too. The whole night gone through perfectly. Finally, I had to awaken some of my colleagues to handover their duty to the colleagues to the next shifts. As soon as I reached home, I was feeling sleepy. To take the energy for coming up nights.........

No comments:

Featured Post

Understanding Why Men Lose Interest in Their Wives: A Comprehensive Look at the Common Factors

Introduction      The loss of interest in a wife by a husband can be a complex and multifaceted issue, often influenced by a variety of fact...